Getting Started in Enterprise
1. Figure out your course number.
How many semesters do you have remaining at Tech, on campus? This will determine which course number to register in. Then, find the section number and CRN on the Schedule of Classes.
2. Get permission.
Every semester, you must seek permission to join or continue in Enterprise. Use the fillable Approval / Waiver form for permission to enroll in ENT project work EXCEPT for ENT4950 (see below). Select “Special Approval” and then see the Enterprise advisor:
BMSE – Blue Marble Security – Dr. Glen Archer, EERC 629
WCE – Wireless Communication – Mr. Kit Cischke, EERC 520
RSE – Robotic Systems – Dr. Jeremy Bos, EERC 623
AE – Aerospace – Dr. Brad King, AE registration instructions, MEEM 1014
3. Turn in the form.
Email the completed, signed approval/waiver form to the Student Services Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring to the Registrar’s Office. Once the Approval has been entered, you will be able to go into Banweb and register in your Enterprise.
Meet with your Academic Advisor if you are uncertain which course number to register in for project work, to stay on track with your graduation semester.
Capstone Enterprise Work (4950-4960)
Once you get to your senior year, registering in ENT 4950 requires a different process. To register in ENT4950, go here: ENT4950 Registration for instructions. You will start by completing Part A, which is an online form under the tab: Enterprise Student Resources (click forms).
For ABET accreditation standards, join an Enterprise that will provide you with an appropriate project work and responsibilities to meet design standards throughout ENT4950 and ENT4960:
- EE Majors: must apply EE knowledge and skills in engineering design
- CpE Majors: must apply hardware/software integration skills in engineering design
- CpE/EE Double Majors: apply EE knowledge/skills and hardware/software integration skills in engineering design
ECE Department Rules
The department does have some rules for completing your Enterprise Design requirements. For starters, you must plan to complete a four-semester sequence: ENT3950, ENT3960, ENT4950, then ENT4960.
- If you to take a semester off to co-op or study abroad, do it before you take ENT4950.
- Your last year of project work in enterprise must be consecutive semesters to apply to senior design requirements.
- ENT4950 and ENT4960 need to be in the same enterprise.
Plan carefully and plan well in advance of graduation. Pre-requisites required for senior-level project work (4000 level):
- EE Majors: complete EE3901 and EE3131 before enrolling in ENT4950. Take EE3171 before or in same semester as ENT4950.
- CpE Majors: complete EE3901 and EE3131 before enrolling in ENT4950. Take EE3173 before or in same semester as ENT4950.