“I am starting my final semester of capstone project work… what do I do?”
Firstly, make sure your prerequisites are complete for senior-level capstone work. The prereqs are the same for either Senior Design or Enterprise.
- EE: EE3901 and EE3131 are pre-req; EE 3171 can be taken as a co-req or pre-req with EE4901/ENT4950 (if not photonics concentration)
- CpE: EE3901 and EE3131 are pre-req; EE3173 can be taken as a co-req or pre-req with EE4901/ENT4950
To schedule ECE Design Project 1 in Fall (EE 4901), register for section 0A and section L01. Your section will be adjusted to match your team during the second week of classes, after teams are formed.
Design Project 2 is required in Spring (EE4910). Schedule section L01 and the RXX section that matches your team section number from EE4901.
Scheduling ENT4950 requires a slightly different process than the normal Enterprise waiver form.
Start by completing Part A, online form found here under the tab “Enterprise Student Resources” (requires ISO login). Expand “Forms” and choose ‘ENT4950 Registration Forms (Electrical and Computer Engineering)’
- Part A is used to verify your are “Senior Design Ready”, have met the prerequisites. Part A must be satisfactorily completed prior to completion of Part B. Emails will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this process.
- Part B is used to document your project and obtain approval from your Enterprise Advisor. (try to complete by first week of classes)
- Once complete and approved, Judy or Liz will register you in ENT4950, 2 credits.
- Late-add form is required after 1st week of classes, in addition to Part B. Late fee may apply.
Alternate Options Info
To schedule MEEM4901 (or MEEM4911), contact Ryan (email@example.com) or Tricia (firstname.lastname@example.org) in MEEM204/205. Senior Design in MEEM4901 can begin in Fall or Spring. EE majors, please copy Judy when you contact the MEEM advisors; CpE majors copy Liz on that email.
Those doing their design work via European Project Semester (EPS), start here. Let the advisors know if this is an option you want to pursue so that we can help you make a plan!