Outstanding Students in Business 2023

Best in Business, L to R: Kieran Rowan, Lexi Dembroski, Kevin Hoefer

The Sam Tidwell Outstanding Students in Business awards are presented annually to College of Business undergraduates who embody a dedication to academic, leadership, and extracurricular involvement within the Michigan Tech community. Congratulations to our 2023 recipients:

Kieran Rowan

Kieran Rowan co-leads both Keweenaw Pride and the Green Campus Enterprise in addition to serving as Esports student coordinator.

The fourth-year student says that Michigan Tech has been the perfect fit–allowing interpersonal and leadership development through classes and club, while also providing immersion in technical and cultural experiences, saying: “Choosing Michigan Tech is a decision I’ve never regretted, and I’m extremely grateful for all the opportunities I’ve been provided to impact the University as a student.”

“I feel empowered in my voice, which has inspired me all the more to continue growing in my involvement.”

Kieran Rowan, Michigan Tech Outstanding Student in Business

Lexi Dembroski

Lexi Dembroski is KSI Accounting Club president and a student-trader in the Applied Portfolio Management Program.

Following graduation, Dembroski, who is entering her third year at Tech, will attend the University of Minnesota for its Master of Accountancy program, preparing to launch a career in international taxation as a certified public accountant. Dembroski says that the personalized environment in the College of Business has created a nurturing community, fostering her development in ways she hadn’t thought possible.

“I’m overwhelmingly grateful to College of Business faculty for providing me with the knowledge and skills to succeed in business.”

Lexi Dembroski, Michigan Tech Outstanding Student in Business

Kevin Hoefer

President of the Finance Club, Kevin Hoefer is also employed on campus by the Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success.

A career in supply chain procurement is fourth-year Hoefer’s aim following graduation. He also has his sights set on pursuing an MBA after joining the workforce. Whether leading large groups during Orientation Week or Finance Club meetings, facilitating sessions with his Enterprise team, or working one-on-one with students as a Success Coach, Hoefer gains inspiration motivating others to pursue their goals.

“I am thrilled to represent a College that has challenged me to become a better person both inside and outside of the classroom.”

Kevin Hoefer, Michigan Tech Outstanding Student in Business

About the College of Business

The Michigan Tech College of Business offers undergraduate majors in accountingbusiness analyticsconstruction managementeconomicsengineering managementfinancemanagementmanagement information systems, and marketing, as well as a general business option. Graduate degrees include the TechMBA®, a Master of Engineering Management, a Master of Science in Accounting, and a Master of Science in Applied Natural Resource Economics.