Do you qualify?
At this point, Minnesota residency is still required for our scholarships for At-Large schools. The Minnesota Surveyors and Engineers Society (MSES) provides many scholarships, up to $2,000 each per year to students who will be juniors or seniors in Civil Engineering in the next academic year.
Applicants are expected to have a career interest in transportation. Job examples might include working for:
- governmental agencies (DOT’s, counties, cities, etc.),
- private engineering firms providing transportation related services (consultants),
- materials suppliers for the transportation industry,
- working for contractors or construction companies who build transportation facilities, etc.
Your work could be in any of the broad-based specialty areas that support transportation like:
- geotechnical engineering
- water resources/hydraulics
- transportation planning
- structural engineering
- roadway design
- environmental engineering
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems
- pavement design
- other related fields
See attached scholarship application for more information. Deadline is Feb 26.