• Applications are currently being accepted for the Summer 2024 term of two undergraduate internship programs offered by the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science: the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program and the Community College Internships (CCI) program.
• The application deadline is January 9, 2024.
• Through SULI and CCI, undergraduate students and recent graduates discover science and technology careers at the DOE national laboratories and gain the experience needed to transition from intern to employment.
• Interns work directly with national laboratory scientists and engineers, assisting them on research or technology projects that support the DOE mission.
• SULI is open to full-time students attending 4-year institutions and community colleges or recent graduates within two years of receiving their bachelor’s degree or associate degree, while CCI is exclusively for community college students.
• Both programs are stipend-based and offered three times annually in Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
Three workshops are planned to provide strategies for submitting a compliant application and learn about the internship experience from the voices of CCI and SULI alumni.
Two workshops will introduce the program and application process for each program followed by the final workshop which will review the application process for each program before highlighting the research opportunities and internship experience at the DOE National Labs through an alumni panel discussion.
• November 1, 2023 from 2-3 ET for CCI, register: https://www.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJItdOGoqz8tGjStDK_odUHRGXCbQMObCKE#/registration
• November 15, 2023 from 2-3 ET for SULI, register: https://www.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJIscOmtqTktE1GSWhX1UI3x-g0HH72Au5U#/registration
• November 29, 2023 from 2-3 ET for Application Review and SULI/CCI Alumni Panel, register: https://www.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJItdOCvqjkiH-d_gjjwwSWVKXDpl5ynaFc#/registration
In addition to the workshops, prospective SULI and CCI applicants are invited to engage with representatives from the DOE National Laboratories at the Summer Internship Fair scheduled November 8, 2023 from 1-5 ET, register: https://app.brazenconnect.com/events/lxegv?utm_medium=email&utm_source=flyer&utm_campaign=doefair110823
SULI and CCI are managed by the Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) in the Office of Science. More information can be found at https://science.osti.gov/wdts.