COMTO’s Careers in Transportation for Youth (CITY) Internship Program provides minority college juniors and seniors with a unique opportunity to gain professional and practical experience in the transportation industry. Through the CITY Program, COMTO seeks to prepare the best and brightest to become leaders, decision makers and change agents in the transportation industry. Interns will work, learn and gain professional development and team-leading experience at transportation agencies or businesses, while exploring careers within the industry.
EXPLORE CAREERS IN TRANSPORTATION THIS SUMMER! APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 25, 2019.
Application Open: October 19, 2018
Application Deadline: February 25, 2019
Interviews: March 2019
Applicant Notification: No later than March 2019
Internship Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2019
National Conference in Tampa, FL: July 12-16, 2019
To apply to COMTO’s CITY Internship program, the applicant must:
- Be a US citizen or eligible to work in the US
- Belong to an underrepresented or minority group
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited institution of higher education
- Be enrolling as a college junior, senior, or first year graduate student in the coming Fall academic term at an accredited institution of higher education
- Have, and show proof of, a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be able to successfully pass a background and/or drug check
- Reside or attend school in the internship area;
- Able to accommodate a possible summer relocation opportunity
- Be available and able to complete the 10-week internship program
- Be available to travel to, and participate in, COMTO’s National Meeting & Training Conference in a major US city in July
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.