BNI Coal is now accepting applications for the following position in Center, North Dakota: Civil/Mining Engineering Intern.
This is a great opportunity to obtain experience in mine engineering and learn how engineers support the daily operations, design civil support structures and develop the long and short range mine plan. This internship will gain experience in surveying using GPS and drones, drilling and blasting operations, mine production tracking of draglines and truck shovel fleets. The candidate will provide field engineering support for the reclamation crews and develop drawings to be submitted to state regulators demonstrating compliance with BNI’s mining permit.
- BNI is searching for an energetic individual with a desire and a capacity to learn about the technologies and processes involved in the operation of a surface coal mine. The successful candidate will assist the mine’s engineers and surveyors in the day to day support of mining operations. Dependent on projects and need to support mining operations, responsibilities may include:
- Surveying related activities using drones and GPS equipment
- Field and design support for projects relating to mine development such as roads, ponds, diversions and other reclamation activities
- Field verification of production
- Assisting engineers and surveyors with daily job duties
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore or higher in an undergraduate, accredited engineering program with a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors around all mine operations
- Eligible to work in the United States, possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
Application close date is March 13th, 2020.