We are pleased to announce that the application for the 2023 Environmental Fellows Program is now open! The Environmental Fellows Program at the Yale School of the Environment (YSE) is a nationally competitive summer fellowship program for masters and doctoral students that seeks to place students traditionally underrepresented in the environmental field and those committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in summer fellowships with environmental foundations and their grantees.
Deadline to apply is January 10, 2023.
The Environmental Fellows Program involves:
· A 12-week fellowship at an environmental grantmaking foundation, research institution, nonprofit organization, or grassroots organization. Past placement sites include: Race Forward, Clean Water Action, Environmental Defense Fund, the Northlight Foundation, the Cary Institute and many more!
· A base stipend of $11,000 plus a travel allowance for participating fellows.
· Work on a variety of environmental issues including but not limited to: environmental health, energy justice, marine conservation, transit solutions, food justice, and more!
· Professional development training in: diversity, equity, and inclusion; GIS; interview methods; and financial management.
· Access to a growing alumni network of 172 environmental professionals
Please also share this opportunity (and the attached flyer) with any graduate students who have an interest in exploring the world of environmental grantmaking/philanthropy and/or are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the environmental field.
We will host informational webinars on Wednesday, November 16 from 3-4pm ET and Thursday, November 17 from 6-7pm ET if you would like to learn more. Please RSVP here. Details and links will be sent to those able to join as the date gets closer.
You can also visit https://environmentalfellows.yale.edu/ to learn more/apply or feel free to contact Molly Blondell at email@example.com.