It’s not too early to think about your plans for next summer. Here’s a list of some government agencies and labs that provide opportunities for undergraduates in the form of research programs, fellowships, internships, and/or summer jobs. A few also offer scholarships; we can help you apply to any that look appropriate for your interests.
Also check with the Career Center for co-ops internships, and jobs in industry.
- American Chemical Society (Internships, Coops, and Service Learning Opportunities for Chemistry Students)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Opportunities for Undergraduates (REU)
- Argonne National Lab (ANL)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Navy Research Lab (NRL)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Oak Ridge National Lab