The Laboratory of Medical Imaging and Informatics is seeking volunteer Research Assistants.
Are you looking for an exciting research experience in applied artificial intelligence and medical imaging/informatics? The MIIL Lab (Laboratory of Medical Imaging and Informatics) is hiring. We’re focused on developing new computer methods and techniques to solve significant healthcare problems and improve clinical practice.
Visit https://pages.mtu.edu/~whzhou/ for more information about our research projects. Please see the attached flyer, below. For more information, contact Weihua Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the guidance of the director, senior research assistants and clinical collaborators, Volunteer Research Assistants will conduct literature reviews, develop and validate software methods and tools, validate with computer simulations and patient data, analyze study data, prepare manuscripts, apply for student research fellowships, and more.
Both undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply. For a more complete job description or to submit application materials, email email@example.com.
Lab Director: Weihua Zhou, Ph.D.
- Rekhi #109 @Michigan Tech (office)
- Rekhi #324 @Michigan Tech (lab)
- Passion for science/ engineering and healthcare.
- Strong academic performance with an intended major in computer science/ engineering, biomedical engineering, medical informatics, or electrical engineering. Postbaccalaureate students are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with any programming language.
- Ability to work at lab on campus 8 hours each week
- One-year commitment.
- Strong willingness to learn new and challenging analytical methods.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interest in learning more about medical image analysis, machine learning/ deep learning, and/or natural language processing.
- Proficiency with Python or MATLAB.
Required Application Materials (unofficial copies are accepted):
- Cover letter and CV/resume
- Most recent academic transcript