by Calvin Larson, Director of Athletics Communication
The Nordic ski teams had 18 Huskies named to the United States Collegiate Ski Coaches Association (USCSCA) All-Academic Team. Among the academic team members if Mechatronic student Aleksi Leino, Mechatronics.
The list of Huskies includes every member of the men’s team. The teams combined for a 3.75 cumulative grade-point average with 10 skiers earning 4.0s during the fall semester.
To qualify for the award, a student-athlete must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA. In 2021 because membership in the three conferences spans all divisions in the NCAA and not all institutions competed in winter sports due to the pandemic, the normal requirement of participation in one of three NCAA Regional competitions was waived.
- Patrick Acton, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Josh Albrecht, Mechanical Engineering
- Brad Baas, Mechanical Engineering
- Johanna Craig, Business
- Mitch DeLong, Management
- Reid Goble, Biological Sciences
- Tres Green, Accounting
- Cedric Keller, Management Information Systems
- Olivia Laven, Engineering Management
- Aleksi Leino, Mechatronics
- Anabel Needham, Environmental Engineering
- Mark Ousdigian, Mechanical Engineering
- Skylar Patten, Engineering Management
- Somer Schrock, Mechanical Engineering
- Henriette Semb, Engineering Management
- Henry Snider, Mechanical Engineering
- Aiden Truettner, Chemical Engineering
- Adam Witkowski, Economics
A record 428 student-athletes from 28 institutions that compete in the Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association, the Central Collegiate Ski Association and the Rocky Mountain Intercollegiate Ski Association were named to the National Collegiate All-Academic Ski Team Tuesday by the United States Collegiate Ski Coaches Association.