The Michigan Technological University – Center for Science and Environmental Outreach is dedicated to establishing partnerships and collaboration, connecting people and resources, developing capacity for education and outreach, and showcasing Michigan Technological University’s work in science, engineering, environmental research, and education.
The Michigan Technological University – Center for Science and Environmental Outreach seeks to be a leader in science and environmental outreach by:
- Developing and continuing collaboration among faculty and researchers from various Michigan Tech departments, K-12 educators, and local/regional communities involved or interested in STEM,
- Developing and offering K-12 science, engineering, and environmental education and enrichment programs with a focus on inquiry and/or problem-solving,
- Offering professional development opportunities for STEM educators, and
- Partnering with local, state, and/or national organizations and initiatives for the advancement and improvement of place-based STEM education.
The Michigan Technological University – Center for Science and Environmental Outreach:
- Supports engaged, diverse, communities that actively seek continued learning.
- Inspires scholarship through academics, research, and continued learning.
- Creates possibilities through innovative use of their skills and knowledge.
- Promotes accountability by emulating acceptance, integrity, honesty, and diligence and encouraging those values in others.
- Exhibits tenacity in persevering through all challenges.
- Provides leadership in STEM education, sustainability, and environmental awareness.