Upcoming Events & Programs
- Great Lakes Investigations Aboard Michigan Tech’s Research Vessel Agassiz May – September, 2019 For Students in Grades 4-12 ~ Fun! FREE! Educational! Ride the Waves with GM invites Grades 4-12 classes to join scientists from Michigan Tech’s Great Lakes Research Center in the exploration of Lake Superior, Portage Waterway and Torch Lake. There are 4 programs to choose from— each ~4 hours in length—that will accommodate up to 18 students/teachers. Reserve your spot now For more information on available trips click here.
- Summer Science and Engineering Camp Registration Now Open!!!! Register Here!
- Outdoor Science Investigation Field Trips
- 2019 Family Science & Engineering Nights. For information contact Joan Chadde @ email@example.com
or 906-487-3341. Schedule
- June 20th and 24-28 Western UP Summer Institute 2019 FREE! Place-based, Interdisciplinary Watershed Literacy for K-12 Teachers and Community Partners. Participate for one or more days! For more information click the link above or download the flyer.
- Creating Great Lakes Stewards to Promote Clean Water & Healthy Urban Watersheds in Detroit
- Now Hiring Summer Camp K-6 Assistant Instructors Application
- July 13 Strawberry Festival — 45-min. scientific excursions aboard MTU’s research vessel Agassiz to discover ‘How scientists investigate the health of the Great Lakes?’ from 12:30-6 pm, at Chassell Marina. Make reservations online or by calling 906-487-3341.
- July 28 Lake Superior Day — 40-min. scientific excursions aboard MTU’s research vessel Agassiz to discover ‘How scientists investigate the health of the Great Lakes?’ from 1-4 pm starting from the Isle Royale Queen dock in Copper Harbor. Make reservations online or by calling 906-487-3341
- 2019 Green Films Flyer and Schedule
- Archive Green Films 2011-2018 are available for a 2-week checkout for Classroom, Meetings or Home Viewing. To borrow films, contact: Joan Chadde 487-3341 or firstname.lastname@example.org at the 115 Great Lakes Research Center at Michigan Tech
- Sept. 27-29, 2019 ~Michigan Alliance for Environmental & Outdoor Education (MAEOE) Conference at Kettunen Center in Tustin, MI
- Nov 7-9, 2019 Place-based Education (PBE) Conference in Flint hosted by Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative. For information: https://greatlakesstewardship.org/place-based-education-conference/