Each semester, Michigan Tech has important dates regarding course schedule changes. These are based on the week of the semester (i.e., Orientation week is Week 0, the first week of classes is Week 1, etc.). After orientation all first-year students will need their advisor’s signature to drop or add a course. Below is a list of these important dates (Add and Drop refer to adding and dropping a course):
- Last day to Add (without instructor’s signature): Friday, Week 1
- Last day to Late Add (with instructor’s signature): Wednesday, Week 2
- Last day to Drop with a refund: Wednesday, Week 2
- Last day to Drop with no record: Friday, Week 3
- Last day to Drop (Withdraw) with a W grade: Friday, Week 10
For a full list of university academic dates go to the following link.