If you are still deciding on a major, there are several items you may want to consider.
1. Meet with an academic advisor before you leave for campus for the summer.
– Biomedical Mr. Mike Labeau (344 M&M, firstname.lastname@example.org))
– BSE & Engineering Undecided Ms. Amy Monte & Dr. AJ Hamlin (112C Dillman, email@example.com)
– Civil & Environmental Ms. Julie Ross (103 Dillman, firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Chemical Ms. Katie Torrey (202M Chem Sci, email@example.com)
– Computer Mr. Trever Hassell (131 EERC, firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Electrical Ms. Judy Donahue (131 EERC, email@example.com)
– Geological Ms. Kelly McLean (627 DOW, firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Materials Dr. Daniel Seguin (U-101 M&M, email@example.com)
– Mechanical Ms. Danise Jarvey & Mr. Ryan Towles (204AMEEM, firstname.lastname@example.org & 205A MEEM, email@example.com)
2. Take an engineering seminar course Fall 2015 to see if a particular major is right for you. The courses that are offered are listed below.
– Biomed BE2100
– Chemical CM1000
– Civil CE1000
– Environmental ENVE1501
– Geological GE1100
– Exploring Majors at Michigan Tech SA1000
– Career Development Foundations UN2525
4. Check out the information about different engineering fields at the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.