The University is closed on Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th. When the University is closed, the “two week” rule for submitting drafts is relaxed to the next available business day. The Graduate School does not expect students to submit drafts to the committee or the Graduate School when the University is closed (but the Pre-defense form will still calculate these dates as the “due” dates).
- Students scheduling a defense on December 12th or 13th may submit the draft no later than 4pm on Monday, December 2nd.
- Of course, submitting earlier is always fine.
Additionally, the University is scheduling campus wide home directory maintenance from Thursday Nov. 28, 7 p.m., through Sunday Dec. 1, 11 p.m. During this time:
- No one will be able to use a campus computer (like one in the Library, or an office)
- No one will be able to access their campus home directory or the Multidrive
- Everyone will be able to use the wireless network on campus with a personal laptop
- Everyone will be able to log into Canvas or other campus sites (like MyMichiganTech.mtu.edu)
To track progress during the upgrade please visit http://status.it.mtu.edu.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, about the planned upgrade, please call the User Services help desk at 487-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.