Michigan Tech looks forward to welcoming our new graduate students. All new degree seeking students will be invited to orientation on August 26th.
Registration is currently full, we will fill slots to students on a first-come, first-served basis that day (if you have not already registered):
Schedule and Description
- 11:00am – 1:00pm: Registration Check-In and seating assignments for students on the Wait List in the Memorial Union Commons (1st floor).
- 11:00am – 1:00pm: Use your lunch ticket to purchase food in the Commons, and meet with Graduate Student Government representatives and staff from the Human Resources Department (Student Insurance) and Michigan Tech IT. You might even get to meet Blizzard T. Husky!
- 1:00 – 4:30pm: Orientation program in the Memorial Union Ballroom (2nd floor)
Attend to learn about Michigan Tech policies, and obtain the required Basic Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training
Students not able to attend orientation can complete their RCR training online or choose to attend Spring orientation. More information will be sent to those students by email during the Fall semester.
In addition to the orientation session sponsored by the Graduate School, students may also be required to attend sessions sponsored by:
- their graduate program (contact programs for details)
- the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Faculty Development
- International Programs and Services
Questions about Graduate School orientation may be directed to Debra Charlesworth or Nicole Rubino.