The Executive Committee of the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) is soliciting nominations for the 2016 MAGS Distinguished Master’s Thesis Awards to recognize and reward distinguished scholarship and research at the master’s level. Michigan Tech may nominate one candidate in each disciplinary category.
- will have earned a master of science degree between July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2015 in the field of Biological/Life Sciences or the Humanities
- Michigan Tech may nominate one thesis in each category
- The 2017 competition will seek nominees in the fields of Social Sciences and Physical Science/Engineering
- will have completed an original thesis that makes an unusually significant contribution to the discipline
- will not have earned a PhD (or comparable research degree) in any discipline prior to the writing of the master’s thesis
Please see our web page for complete details on eligibility and application procedures.
Nomination packets are due by 4pm, October 14, 2015 to the Graduate School via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or campus mail (address to Debra Charlesworth). Eligible students with a complete nomination packet will be evaluated by a panel of faculty from the University.