The Van Pelt and Opie Library is offering a series of patent and trademark searching workshops open to all Michigan Tech students (undergraduate and graduate), faculty, and staff, as well as community members not affiliated with Michigan Tech. Continue reading
The 2015 Graduate Research Colloquium was held on Feb. 25–26 in the Memorial Union Ballroom. Winners were announced at a banquet on Thursday, Feb. 26.
- First place, Ida Fonkue’s (KIP) “Acute oral ingestion of alcohol modulates muscle sympathetic neural activity differently in Caucasians and African Americans,”
- Second place, Kaitlin Reini (SFRES) “Modeling the impacts of climate change on water quality for inland lakes in the Great Lakes Basin,”
- Third place, Ruilong Han (CEE) “Seismic performance assessment considering aftershock hazard.”
- Favorite Poster, Bethany Klemetsrud, (Chem Eng), “Effect of lignin content on pyrolysis bio-oil properties.”
- First place, Jennifer Fuller (CEE) “Developing a Sustainable Process for Removal of Synthetic Hormones in Wastewater Treatment.”
- Second place, Margo Woller-Carter (CLS) “Development of the Intelligent Graphs for Everyday Decisions Tutor.”
- Third place, Melanie Talaga (Chem) “Diversifying Drug Development through Scaffold Engineering: A Proposed New Strategy.”
- Talaga also was recognized for the presentation with the highest attendance.