Louis Berger Group is looking to hire Road/Bridge Construction Inspectors
Roadway and Bridge Construction Inspectors
Louis Berger is currently seeking Roadway and Bridge Inspectors to join its North Carolina CEI team and work on exciting transportation projects. Roadway and Bridge Inspectors will have the opportunity to work onsite alongside engineers and project managers while taking on the following responsibilities:
- Examine and interpret construction plans, schedules and quantities.
- Support engineers in functional areas such as construction inspection, surveying and material sampling and testing.
- Verify that work is performed safely and in accordance with the project plans and specifications.
- Perform a wide variety of standardized and non-standardized tests and assignments in compiling, analyzing, computing, editing and processing field data.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Surveying Technology and two years of progressive transportation experience; OR graduation from high school and four years of progressive transportation experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and directly related experience.
- NCDOT Concrete Field Technician certification, NCDOT Conventional Density certification, Level II Erosion & Sediment Control/Stormwater certification, NCDOT QMS Roadway Technician certification, NCDOT ABC and Borrow Pit Sampling certification.
- Engineering Interns (EI) may be eligible for this position with less than the required years of experience.
- Occasional lifting of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Performing physical activities required of the testing and inspection procedures including squatting, bending, lifting, climbing and traversing difficult terrain.
- Ability to keep accurate records and compute field data.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to complete work assignments independently.
- Willingness to perform work after regular business hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary.
If interested, please send resumes to the contact info below. This job posting is also on Handshake.
Santiago E Aguilar, P.E
Senior Structural Engineer | US Transportation Engineering