MS2 is looking for Technical Consultants to help create innovative software and data analytics for transportation planning and traffic engineering. We are a national leader in cloud-based software for transportation data management. Our clients include more than 250 transportation agencies in 28 states.
An MS2 Technical Consultant is a subject matter expert for GIS, transportation planning, or traffic engineering. The Technical Consultant will be responsible for concurrent projects and is expected to actively work with our clients.
The position is open to senior or entry level professionals. The position title and compensation package will be based on the candidate’s experience (e.g. Senior Transportation Engineer). Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to relate to clients and staff in a professional, thoughtful, and pleasant manner. Candidate must be able to effectively and professionally represent MS2 at meetings or other public forums. Being an active member of a professional organization is a plus. Candidate must be flexible to do assignments as necessary.
- Stay current with the industry trends in transportation data management
- Conduct methodology research to help guide new software features or solutions
- Work with clients to identify business needs and system requirements
- Develop solution concepts based on an understanding of the client needs
- Recommend improvements to clients as required
- Prepare proposals and make presentations to clients
- Develop costs and time schedules for proposed work
- Manage projects, develop project plans, and monitor performance
- Maintain and nurture good client relationships
- Help determine needs and cultivate leads in existing or new markets
- Attend professional conferences to represent MS2
- Some travel required
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in science, engineering, or related field
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
MS2 is located in the beautiful city of Ann Arbor, Michigan, the home of high-tech industries and the University of Michigan. Residents of the city enjoy our beautiful parks, mature neighborhoods, amenities of the Huron River (a state-designated Natural River) and easy access to downtown Detroit or to colorful “Pure Michigan” woods and waterways.
MS2 is a friendly, open, small team working to support our client’s software needs. Employees work on a variety of tasks and are given a high degree of responsibility. We offer a progressive and fast-paced environment for transportation professionals. MS2 offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
MS2 is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.