Staff EngineerJob Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from a 4-year accredited college or university. Masters of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering is a preferred. EIT preferred, but not required.
- 0 – 4 years of demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications is preferred.
- Minimal proficiency in CADD.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and thorough follow-through skills.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects within budgets and deadlines.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 pounds and perform field work.
- Perform and coordinate field inspections and investigations under supervision of a project engineer, including on-site direction of geotechnical drilling activities.
- Monitor construction operations, including earthwork, dewatering, and excavation support installations and prepare engineering field reports.
- Inspect test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, and install and read geotechnical instrumentation.
- Conduct laboratory and field testing of soils.
- Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software.
- Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day to day correspondence.
- Prepare initial versions of technical reports and evaluations.
- Work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
Apply on HandShake.