The College of Computing External Advisory Board (EAB) gathered virtually on October 23, 2020, for the first meeting of the the newly-established group.
The Advisory Board members will meet periodically with College leadership to share their expertise and provide outside perspectives.
“The members bring a diverse set of backgrounds and experience,” says Dean Adrienne Minerick. “We had an excellent discussion today, and I believe the group will mesh and work well together.”
Many of the EAB members are Michigan Tech alumni and all are executives, professionals, and business owners with direct knowledge of today’s technology workplace.
“This external engagement with the College provides us with essential information related to best practices and emerging trends in the industries and organizations where our graduates work,” explains Minerick.
“I believe it will also spark innovation and keep our focus on quality, agility, and delivering the education our students will need to meet the challenges presented by today’s global workplace,” she adds.
The College of Computing advisory board will work in close communication with the advisory boards of the Departments of Applied Computing and Computer Science. Advisory board members also act as ambassadors for the College in cooperation with the Michigan Tech Office of Advancement and Gift Planning.
The College of Computing External Advisory Board members are listed below. Learn more about the EAB on our website.
- Randy Berry, Vice President of Utilities, Open Systems International Inc.
- Chen Ding, Professor, Computer Science Dept., University of Rochester
- Derek Dykens, Global Retail Industry Strategist, Splunk
- Mark Gauthier, President/Owner, Donald Engineering
- Dianne Marsh, Director of Device and Content Security, Netflix
- Pavan Muzumdar, Chief Operating Officer, Automation Alley
- Brian VanVoorst, Lead Scientist, Fellow, BBN Technologies, Raytheon