If your earn a grade of CD or below in a course, the course may be repeated. By repeating a course, you have the opportunity to learn the material better, which will help you in future courses as well as improve your GPA. Below is a list of how it works:
- You may repeat courses with a grade of CD or lower.
- The most recent grade is used in your GPA calculation, even if it is lower than the previous grade.
- Your official transcripts will indicate NR (no grade– repeated) for any earlier attempt(s) at the course.
- You may repeat a course no more than two times (i.e., take a course three times).
- Special permission from the Dean of Students (170 Administration Building, email@example.com, 906-487-2212), Financial Aid, and your academic advisor is required to repeat a course a second and final time.
If you have questions regarding which classes to re-take you should contact your academic advisor.