The NC State University Building Future Faculty (BFF) Program is a two day all-expenses paid workshop for doctoral students and post-doctoral scholars who are interested in pursuing academic careers, who are committed to promoting diversity in higher education, and who are one to two years away from beginning a job search.
Application deadline: Sunday, November 10, 2013
Program dates: Wednesday, April 2 – Saturday, April 5, 2014
For more information on the workshop, http://oied.ncsu.edu/faculty/building-future-faculty-program/
How to Apply: Please go to the 2014 Building Future Faculty Application Form. The application form is an online form. If you don’t complete it in one sitting, you may be able to resume filling the form out if you use the same computer and your settings allow cookies. Otherwise you will not be able to resume filling out the form and will have to start over. You will need to attach several items, so please have these ready to upload with the application form:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- A 250 word statement outlining your teaching philosophy
- Individuals with the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the university’s continuing commitment to cultural and ethnic diversity
- In a doctoral or post-doctoral program corresponding to a discipline at NC State and one to two years away from beginning to search for an academic position
- Desire an academic teaching career at a research institution
- Desire to pursue independent research as a faculty member
- Demonstrate the potential to become a faculty member
- Availability during the programs dates
The 2014 Building Future Faculty Program is sponsored by the NCSU Office of the Provost and the NCSU Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity.