Nominee for 2018 CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award: Erin Pischke

Erin Pischke
Environmental and Energy Policy

Erin Pischke 2018My dissertation research examines the public perceptions of socioecological impacts of oil palm production and the political ecology of environmental change in Tabasco, Mexico. I collaborate with natural, social and engineering scientists to study the impacts of bioenergy development projects to assess the sustainability of them. My work shows that past political and economic actions impact current environmental conditions and creates institutional and structural constraints in the region to which people are adapting. A multi-pronged, interdisciplinary approach tackles problems from various angles to, in a sense, make the problem smaller. My research also studies the challenges that international, interdisciplinary teams face when studying such impacts in international settings so that future research can be more successful.

One response to “Nominee for 2018 CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award: Erin Pischke

1. Way to go Ernie , I always knew my green way of living would influence your life! Well gotta run.The recycle guys didn’t come today so I’m gonna throw my plastic over the hill. Love ya, Daddio