Doctoral Finishing Fellowship – Summer 2024 Recipient – Mohanish Kishor Chandurkar

Mohanish Chandurkar standing outdoors with wooded mountain view behind
Mohanish Kishor Chandurkar – Biomedical Engineering

As I approach the culmination of my graduate studies, I am profoundly grateful for the opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for being selected as a recipient of the Graduate Finishing Fellowship. This award not only signifies a recognition of my academic achievements but also serves as a testament to the invaluable support and encouragement I have received throughout my journey.

Being inspired by the healthcare researchers and professionals and my background in engineering motivated me to pursue my career in Biomedical engineering to contribute to healthcare innovation. My PhD work focuses on the fundamentals of mechanobiology to understand cardiovascular health and disease conditions. Specifically, it focuses on the role of blood flow profiles in tuning the vascular function on cell level to better understand cardiovascular diseases.

Throughout my time in graduate school, I have been fortunate to work alongside my mentor Dr. Sangyoon Han, my committee and colleagues who played an important role in shaping my academic and professional development. The continued support from Biomedical engineering department, graduate school and HRI played a significant role in pursuit of my educational experience.

I extend my heartfelt appreciation to the selection committee for their confidence in my ability and for their investment in my future. Thank you for believing in me and for empowering me to pursue my dreams.