The 2011 NSF GRFP application is now available. You are eligible to apply if you are:
1. a US citizen, US national or permanent resident alien, and
2. a graduating senior; have completed a B.S./B.A. degree in a STEM field; or are in their 1st year or the first semester of their 2nd year in graduate school, and
3. pursuing a research-based master’s or doctoral degree in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields supported by NSF.
GRFP fellows receive the following:
– Three years of support
– $30,000 annual stipend
– $10,500 cost-of-education allowance
– $1,000 one time international travel allowance
– TeraGrid Supercomputer access
Application Deadline(s) (due by 5 p.m. submitter’s local time):
November 15, 2010
Interdisciplinary Fields of Study
November 16, 2010
November 18, 2010
Mathematical Sciences; Computer and Information Sciences and Engineering; Chemistry; Physics and Astronomy
November 19, 2010
Social Sciences; Psychology; Geosciences; STEM Education and Learning
November 22, 2010
Please note in the solicitation that:
- Fields of Study have been revised.
- The description of eligibility requirements is clarified with respect to non-eligible fields of study.
- The international options for Fellows have been revised.
- The Fellowship conditions have changed. The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship cannot be accepted concurrently with another Federal fellowship.
Contact Jodi Lehman in (email@example.com or 487-2875) for
- assistance on how to apply using FastLane,
- review of awarded essays, and
- help drafting application essays that convey the intellectual merit and broader impacts of the proposed research in a format recognizable to panel reviewers.
Michigan Tech applauds six of its student applicants who received Fellow Awards this past year:
- Kaitlyn (Reed) Bunker (Electrical Engineering)
- Nicole Colasacco-Thumm (Geosciences/Climate Dynamics)
- Jared Cregg (Biomedical Engineering)
- Ashley Thode (Civil Engineering)
- Eli Vlaisavljevich (Bioengineering)
- Samantha Wojda (Biomedical Engineering)