The job is running various physical property materials testing (IE load frame work, impact, thermal analysis (DSC), FTIR, chemical resistance) on plastic piping material (PE, PVC, CPVC, nylon, PP, PERT, PEX, etc) as well as physical testing on actual pipes.
Mention my name when applying. Email resumes to either myself or apply at NSF.org
Phone: 734-769-8010 ext 2389
789 N. Dixboro Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Engineering Test Laboratory
NSF International is an independent organization that certifies products and writes standards for food, water and consumer goods to minimize adverse health effects and protect the environment (www.nsf.org). Founded in 1944, NSF is committed to protecting public health and safety worldwide. NSF is a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Food and Water Safety and Indoor Environment.
Responsible for the review and interpretation of standards and protocols, development of test methods, design of test equipment, analysis of test data and oversight and direction given to the Engineering technicians in the build and operation of test equipment and conduct of testing
- Review and interpret product/material standards and their technical requirements as related to testing, data analysis and pass / fail criteria. Review and develop test methods and test equipment to meet technical requirements of test standards and protocols.
- Improve existing methods to ensure state-of-the-art testing and evaluation of products and materials
- Conduct Engineering analysis of failed parts to determine validity of test methodology and conditions
- Instruct technicians in the proper building, operation and conducting of testing per the required test standard/protocol
- Conduct statistical analysis of test results and prepares technical reports.
- Provide technical support to the program office on issues related to standard requirements and bracketing
- Meet with customers to represent NSF in the technical review of standard requirements, test methods, test results and data analysis
- Conduct witness testing at manufacturer’s facility, as necessary.
- Research, design, and oversee building of new test equipment
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that test equipment are installed and functioning to specifications
- Support the Calibration Officer in the design/development of current, accurate methods of calibration for equipment within the test engineering group.
- Investigate product test issues related to test equipment and/or test processes and make recommendation to manager.
- Maintain and administer a test information database to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of relevant data. Develop information requirements; assist in the design of information systems (e.g. searchable electronic database) as necessary.
- Research and analyze proposed testing requirements to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance/calibration of required equipment.
- Manage project and testing with subcontract laboratories
- Assure adherence to all QA/QC programs, safety and health policies and procedures. Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or materials engineering, or other Engineering degree requiring both physical and material analysis work.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience with working in a mechanical or structural laboratory environment with testing experience.
- Experience with the design of experiments
- Demonstrated experience with project coordination, organization and tracking capabilities.
- Experience with conducting tests to standards, system design, and project management.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with laboratory QA/QC plans, manuals, and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically to support clients, attend conferences and/or trade shows.
- Master’s degree
- Proven successful NSF Experience
- Experience with CAD programs (Auto CAD).
- Understanding of and experience with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Familiarity and experience with maintenance and repair of testing equipment utilized.
- Electronics troubleshooting, polyphase electrical system requirements.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatic systems, machining/fabricating test jigs.
- Experience in testing using standard or approved methods.
- Experience with Lab View.
- Experience with PLC’s.
- Heavy physical effort required (ability to move 40-50 lbs. from one area to another).
- Work performed in a laboratory environment.
- International and domestic travel is necessary.
- Smoke free work environment.