Richelle Winkler, MTU asst. prof. of sociology and demography, and her colleague Ken Johnson at the University of New Hampshire and other colleagues at Univ. of Wisconsin – Madison recently released a new interactive website that graphically displays net migration patterns for counties in the US from the 1950s-2010. Her work and the website were recently profiled in USA Today (12 Apr.) in an article “Age, kids and jobs affect where Americans live“. The website is available to everyone to explore at www.netmigration.wisc.edu.
- SS Talk: Barry Solomon on “Policies for the Sustainable Development of Biofuels in Pan America”
- Industrial Archaeology Students Dig for Answers Around Fort Wilkins
- Winkler Receives Funding for Age Group Participation in Deer Hunting Research
- IA grad students come in all ‘types’
- MacLennan Sugar Book Launch and Talk