SBE’s Reginald Hicks Elected VP of USG

Reginald Hicks is a current Marketing student with a minor in Global Business.  He’s on the Dean’s Student Advisory Council, Heritage Month Committee, National Society of Black Engineers, serves as Treasurer of the American Marketing Association and Treasurer of the Society of African American Men.  But Reggie holds a new office; he was recently elected Vice President of Michigan Tech’s Undergraduate Student Government!

According to their website, the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) “serves over 220 student organizations in conjunction with student activities. USG allocates over $800,000 annually to support organizations and enable new opportunities.”  They play a key role in on-campus traditions such as Winter Carnival, and they work to ensure that the undergraduate student body is represented.

Reggie was elated to be elected VP.  He stated, “I cannot even express in words how I feel being elected Vice President of USG!  With great humility, I am honored to lead such a vital organization on Michigan Tech’s campus, in a very profound way.  There are a couple of initiatives I would like to work on during my candidacy.”

His initiatives include:

• fostering a campus community conducive to showing the undergraduate population how much USG cares,
  • educating students as to how USG can be their voice on campus,
  • and creating a more inclusive, yet still diverse, campus.

Reggie will be a wonderful Vice President for USG, and we wish him all the best for his term!