Internship Spotlight: Jackson Pundt at Canadian National Railway

Fourth-year management major (supply chain and operations management concentration) Jackson Pundt is interning with the Canadian National Railway this summer. His classes in the Michigan Tech School of Business and Economics help him add value to the company while navigating corporate culture.

Fourth-year Jackson Pundt got on-the-job handMichigan Tech student Jackson Pundt stands at his internship post with Canadian National Railway.
Fourth-year management student Jackson Pundt is getting on-the-job hands-on experience interning with Canadian National Railway.

“I work as an intern in Canadian National Railway’s transportation department. My role involves examining the company’s operations across departments and looking for ways to consolidate and save the company money. I travel and observe operations at rail yards around the country.

I met with recruiters at Career Fair last fall, and they contacted me for an interview shortly after. I’m really enjoying the experience because I’m getting exposure to different aspects of a large company and learning all the ways my major can apply to the workplace. I’m using the soft skills acquired from my classes more than my analytical skills. My classes prepared me to handle conflict and work with a group to make informed decisions.”