Each year the Student Leadership Awards celebrate and reward the individual and group efforts of students involved in organizations across campus. There are awards for student employees, residence halls, and student organizations.
Congratulations to the following students, student organizations, and advisors for inspiring community, scholarship, possibilities, accountability and tenacity within Michigan Tech as well as our community.
Within the School of Business and Economics Senior Lecturer in Economics, Emanuel Oliveira, was selected at this year’s Student Organization Advisor of the Year. Emanuel participated and motivated the Finance Club organization’s membership and is respected by members of the organization. However, the greatest activities contributing to this award was the Finance Club’s FinanceU event last semester.
Yu Summer Gu, an MBA student, was also selected as an award recipient from the School of Business and Economics. Summer was actively involved and enthusiastic in campus activities . She was the driving force behind a greatly improved Chinese Night which had a larger attendance this year, almost tripling participation from any year prior.
Here are your 2013 Student Leadership Award recipients:
- Melanie Hoffman, President’s Award for Leadership
- Michael Adler, Provost Award for Scholarship
- Claire Meneguzzo, Vice President’s Award for Service
- Kevin Cassell, Exceptional Leadership in Student Governance
- Yu Summer Gu, Exceptional Enthusiasm as a Student Leader
- Jason Cattelino, Student Employee of the Year
- Hannah Altscheffel, Rising Star of the Year
- Caleb Vogt, Undergraduate Research Expo, Exceptional Program of the Year
- Society of Women Engineers, Most Improved Student Organization
- Leo Ureel II, Breaking Digital Barriers, Exceptional Community Service Project
- Memorial Union Board, Student Organization of the Year
- Emanuel Marcos R. Castro Oliveira, Student Organization Advisor of the Year