Civil/Environmental Engineer – Project Manager
Franklin Holwerda Company (FHC) located in Wyoming, MI is the premiere mechanical contractor for the construction of Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants throughout the State of MI. We are searching for a Civil/Environmental Engineer who will be responsible for managing all aspects of Water & Wastewater construction projects. The position would be full time. Individuals must possess excellent management, communication, and organizational skills. Candidate must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook with 3D AutoCAD experience preferred. An Engineering or Construction Degree is required. Qualified candidates should send their resume to James Oudbier (email@example.com).
SUMMER 2018 ENGINEERING INTERN POSITION
Town & Country Engineering, Inc., a Consulting Engineering Firm providing Municipal, Stormwater, Water and Wastewater Engineering Services for over 30 years, has an excellent opportunity, at its Rhinelander office, for an Engineering Intern Position for Summer 2018.
Applicant should have a basic engineering knowledge and be proficient in Excel and AutoCAD. Construction observation experience is a plus.
Position includes working with resident engineer and project engineers on municipal projects in Northern Wisconsin. One potential construction project will be on-site in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin.
Housing assistance is available.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Town & Country Engineering, Inc.
2912 Marketplace Drive, Suite 103
Madison, WI 53719
Town & Country Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
Hardman would like to hire two Tech students in 2018 for internship and/or co-op positions. See link below for more info!
- The AGC of Michigan 2018 Scholarship application is available online (https://form.jotform.us/72746284486166) and must be submitted by February 28, 2018 for the 2018-2019 academic year beginning in August/September, 2018.
SUMMER WORK PROGRAM:
- Each summer commercial construction companies hire University Civil Engineering and Construction Management sophomores and juniors to work in management level positions. The program provides experience in the following types of job assignments:
- IN THE FIELD: Report on progress and other meetings, laboratory and/or test assignments, material Inventory and expediting work, field representative at progress meetings, assistant in layout crew, safety inspector, timekeeper, prepare cost distributions, quality control and inspection, assistant project engineer.
- IN THE OFFICE: Assemble cost control and estimating data and/or safety control records, quantity surveys for estimates, clerical assistance, attend and report on meetings as an observer (progress, labor, safety, engineering, client’s, etc.), shop drawing approval and checking, detailing and board work, scheduling, value engineering.
The AGC of Michigan Summer Work Program application is available online (https://form.jotform.us/72746059186163) and must be submitted by February 28, 2018 for the 2018 summer program. These positions fill quickly so don’t wait to apply – do it now!
ERM posted a requisition for an entry level environmental engineer/scientist.
If anyone has any questions/would like more information on ERM please have them contact Meghan Eschbaugh (contact info below)
Meghan C. Eschbaugh
Michigan Tech ‘06
T 317-706-2014│M 231-557-1674
Louis Berger Group is looking to hire Road/Bridge Construction Inspectors
Roadway and Bridge Construction Inspectors
Louis Berger is currently seeking Roadway and Bridge Inspectors to join its North Carolina CEI team and work on exciting transportation projects. Roadway and Bridge Inspectors will have the opportunity to work onsite alongside engineers and project managers while taking on the following responsibilities:
- Examine and interpret construction plans, schedules and quantities.
- Support engineers in functional areas such as construction inspection, surveying and material sampling and testing.
- Verify that work is performed safely and in accordance with the project plans and specifications.
- Perform a wide variety of standardized and non-standardized tests and assignments in compiling, analyzing, computing, editing and processing field data.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Surveying Technology and two years of progressive transportation experience; OR graduation from high school and four years of progressive transportation experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and directly related experience.
- NCDOT Concrete Field Technician certification, NCDOT Conventional Density certification, Level II Erosion & Sediment Control/Stormwater certification, NCDOT QMS Roadway Technician certification, NCDOT ABC and Borrow Pit Sampling certification.
- Engineering Interns (EI) may be eligible for this position with less than the required years of experience.
- Occasional lifting of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Performing physical activities required of the testing and inspection procedures including squatting, bending, lifting, climbing and traversing difficult terrain.
- Ability to keep accurate records and compute field data.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to complete work assignments independently.
- Willingness to perform work after regular business hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary.
If interested, please send resumes to the contact info below. This job posting is also on Handshake.
Santiago E Aguilar, P.E
Senior Structural Engineer | US Transportation Engineering
The CEE Student Success Center (SSC) will be opening tonight for business. It is located in 102 Dillman Hall.