Steve Patchin, Michigan Tech Director of Career Services, is very knowledgeable on this subject. He recently co-wrote a posting for NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers in which he cites the data. Here are the questions (and answers) they address:
- Company conversion rate co-op/intern to full-time employee: 61 percent (median – 80 percent )
- Will your company be increasing the number of internships it offers? 77 percent – YES!
- What does co-op/internship experience mean to companies? (read the posting)
- What do students see as their value? (read the posting)
- What do recruiters value most? Co-op or GPA? Co-op/Internship Experience – 51 percent | GPA – 13 percent | Both – 36 percent
- Will you make room for top talent? 88 percent – YES!
Check out the article!