I’ve been placed into organic chemistry (CH 2410). Should I stay in it or move back to university chemistry?

It’s up to you. If you are receiving AP/CLEP/IB or dual enrollment credit for university chemistry I and II then you will be placed into organic chemistry.

It may be worth your time to review U chem topics, even if it’s been awhile since you’ve had chemistry because it will pay off in the future. The advantage of staying in organic chemistry is that you can have a lighter credit load in future semesters or use the space to complete a minor or do a co-op.

If you decide to stay in organic chemistry then I recommend signing up for one-on-one or group tutoring time at the chemistry learning center.

Another option would be to simply wait until fall of your second year to take organic chemistry and not repeat university chemistry. This will give you a lighter credit load in your first year.

Contact me if you’d like to discuss these options.