I’ve been placed into University Chemistry II (CH 1160). Should I stay in it or move back to University Chemistry I?

It’s up to you. If you are receiving AP/CLEP/IB or dual enrollment credit for University Chemistry I then you will be placed into University Chemistry II.

It may be worth your time to review U Chem I topics, even if it’s been awhile since you’ve had chemistry because it will pay off in the future. The advantage of staying in University Chemistry II is that you can have a lighter credit load the next semester. Many students find spring semester harder than fall because the classes have less review of topics you saw in high school, and the winter is long. Unless you are a skier or snowboarder, in which case the winter is too short, and a lighter credit load can leave you more time to spend on the hill or trails.

If you decide to stay in U Chem II then I recommend adding the optional recitation class (CH 1163) to your schedule. In this class you are with a smaller group of students working on graded homework assignments. It can count towards your free electives.

If you’d like to make a change to your schedule, either to add CH 1163 or drop down to U Chem I then email your request to the Registrar’s Office at schedule@mtu.edu.