I have transfer credit for the wrong Physics!

John Jaszczak <jaszczak@mtu.edu> Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

To: “advisor-l” <advisor-l@mtu.edu>

Dear Advisors,

For many years the physics department has worked with students who for various reasons (transfer credit, AP credit, etc) might have credit for College Physics (PH1110 and PH1210 and the labs), but need credit for calculus-based University Physics (PH2100 PH2200).  In order to better serve more students and assist their advisors, we have developed proficiency exams for PH2100 and PH2200, along with a policy statement and a request form.

If you advise students who need PH2100 and/or PH2200 and who might already have credit for the “wrong” physics, please see the attached documents.  Through our new system, students will no longer need to wait till finals week to be able to take a proficiency exam, which we hope will make planning easier for them and for the advisors.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

John Jaszczak
Physics Undergraduate Studies Committee

PH2100-2200_credit request form 2012.pdf

PH2100-PH2200 Department Placement Policy.pdf