I ran my degree audit and now at the last minute I need extra courses! What do I do?

Hold on, don’t panic.  Maybe everything is ok.

You may have made the common error of running a “what-if” audit.  Here’s how it happens.

The degree audit page has a drop down list to choose your degree program. There are directions on the page that tell you to *only* choose your degree program
if you are changing majors but this is frequently missed. So what happens is, a student will pick their major from the drop down list and instead of running
the audit with their correct catalog term, and they accidentally run a “what-if”audit that uses the newest catalog term.  The newest catalog term includes changes made to the chem eng degree  since you started, and you do not usually want to use the newest catalog term.

If you run your degree audit with the correct catalog term, labeled as “latest” perhaps (most likely) everything is ok.  If you run the “latest” audit and still have classes missing, these are classes you need, and you may need to come see an advisor.