This looks like a cool program; and we have an alum of this program in the Michigan Tech Chem Eng graduate program! Spread the word.
Overview of program
The mission of the ACCESS program is to increase the diversity of qualified applicants to PHD programs in chemistry, chemical engineering and materials science throughout the United States. ACCESS is a weekend of educational and informative events that will introduce talented sophomores, juniors and seniors to the benefits of a graduate education in chemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science. The goal of ACCESS is not to prepare students for graduate school at MIT specifically, but rather to introduce them to the advantages of choosing a graduate career path at an institution that best meets each participant’s individual needs.
The weekend-long program offers students an overview of graduate education through seminars, faculty talks, and interactive sessions, all designed to give a greater understanding of the application process and an insight into the doors a graduate career can open.
ACCESS will give participants:
A broad exposure to the opportunities that can be gained from a graduate education in chemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science;
- An introduction to the various career paths that can result from a graduate education in chemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science;
- An opportunity to hear directly from faculty and students their reasons for choosing a graduate career;
- An explanation of the funding structure for graduate education and information on graduate fellowships;
- A chance to meet and socialize with fellow undergraduates from around the nation who are pursuing similar goals;
- And a fun Cambridge/Boston experience!
For more information about the ACCESS program, email email@example.com.