Here is some additional scheduling information to help plan your minor. Be sure to check the schedule of classes on Banweb, since this can change from year to year.
Introduction to Polymers Course
Select one course below:
- BE 4300 Polymeric Biomaterials is usually offered spring of odd years, such as Spring ’23, Spring ’25, etc.
- CM/CH 4610 Introduction to Polymer Science is usually offered every fall.
- MSE 4110 Introduction to Polymer Engineering is usually offered every fall.
Chemistry or Engineering Courses
Check with the department offering the course for the expected planned schedule.
Select remaining credits below:
- BE 3300 Biomechanics I or MEEM 2150 Mechanics of Materials is usually offered every year.
- BE 4335 Smart Polymers is usually offered fall of odd years, such as Fall ’21, Fall ’23, etc.
- CH/CM 4620 Polymer Chemistry is usually offered every spring.
- CH 4710 Biomolecular Chemistry is usually offered every fall but has a time conflict with CM 4855, which is required for senior chemical engineering students.
- CM 4060 Undergraduate Research in Polymer Engineering is offered on demand. If you are interested in doing undergraduate research in the chemical engineering department then you will need to talk to the faculty who are doing research in the polymer engineering area to see if they have a project that you can work on with them. The faculty currently doing research in this area are Dr. Liu and Dr. Ong.
- CM 4650 Polymer Rheology is no longer offered because the faculty retired.
- ENG 4515 Introduction to Sustainability and Resilience is usually offered every fall. To use this class towards the minor you will need to complete a polymer-related term project. Email your topic to the chemical engineering advisor for approval.
- ENT Enterprise Project Work. Up to 3 credits of Enterprise project work in the polymer science or engineering area may be approved. Email a brief description of your project to the chemical engineering for approval.
- MEEM 4170 Failure of Materials in Mechanics is usually offered every spring.
- MEEM 4635 Design with Plastics has not been offered recently. You will need to check with the Mechanical Engineering Department to see when it will be available next.
- MSE 4430 Composite Materials is usually offered every spring.
- Undergraduate Research in the polymer science and engineering area from other departments may be approved. Email a brief description of your research to the chemical engineering advisor for approval. Several students have done polymer chemistry research with Dr. Heiden in the Chemistry Department, as one example.