Doctoral Finishing Fellowship Spring 2019 Recipient – Zhuyong Yang

Zhuyong Yang
Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics

I come from Shanghai. I earned my bachelor’s degree in Vehicle Engineering at Nanjing Agricultural University in Nanjing, China. After that, I came to Michigan Tech in the summer of 2012.

My research focuses on the knock of spark-ignited internal combustion engine and 1-D simulation of over expanded engine. With the guidance of Dr. Jeffrey Naber, a significant thermodynamic conversion efficiency has been observed in the research engine. These observations can provide a reference to industry and further improve the vehicle fuel economy.

Along with the research activities, I also work in the Graduate Student Government (GSG) of Michigan Tech. One of the contributions is to represent GSG as a committee member to initiate MTU Cultural Event Fund. This fund allows alumni and community members to donate student organization productions to promote the culture, diversity and inclusion. It is holistically managed to maximize the impact of events.

I would like to thank Michigan Tech for providing a great academic environment. I would also like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the Graduate School and all the benefactors for supporting the Finishing Fellowship.