Sarah Green, Interim Department Chair and professor in the Chemistry Department at Michigan Tech, is excited to announce the opportunity of a lifetime for students interested in attending the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27)!
Michigan Tech will be sending a delegation of students to COP27, which will be held in Sharm El-Sheik, Egypt, this fall on November 6-18, 2022. If you are interested in attending or would simply like more information on the opportunity, please fill out the google form here. Space is limited!
- Michigan Tech students will join the YEAH group, which links Colorado State, Boston University, U Connecticut, Vaderbilt, and others.
- Students will collaborate to present student-led events at COP. You will be expected to actively participate in delegation activities.
- COP is 2 weeks; most students will attend for 1 week only.
- The Michigan Tech group will be limited to about 5 each week (we do not know our UN assigned quota yet.)
- Priority will be given to students enrolled in UN5400/UN4400.
- If potential participants exceed the number of badges available, a secondary selection process will be implemented
Contact Sarah Green for more information at email@example.com
Follow the Office of Sustainability and Resilience on Instagram! @sustainablemtu