- Fall classes begin Tuesday, September 2.
- Call 487-2550 to schedule Advising appointments.
- Complete your Graduation Application(s) 1 semester before your last.
To schedule Design Project 1 in Fall, EE4901, register for section 0A and section L01. Your section will be adjusted to match your team in 2nd week of classes, after teams are formed.
To schedule MEEM4901, contact Ryan or Danise in MEEM204/205 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prereqs must be complete to register: EE3901, EE3131, and ready for EE3171 or EE3173 if not yet complete.
Have your flowchart handy. Be ready to take notes and plan for registration of your fall classes. Write down your questions. Turn your speakers on. May need to adjust volume. Many advising topics covered.
Approximately 23 minutes, in lieu of coming out on a COLD February night to a cold classroom for an hour.
Audio: Have your speakers on; Software: Windows Media Viewer
First-year and new transfer students: 2014 First-year student Spring Advising Meeting (EE and CpE)
EE Sophomores and Juniors: 2014 EE Soph and Beyond Spring Advising Meeting
CpE Sophmores and Juniors: 2014 CpE Soph & Beyond Spring Advising Meeting
E-mail Judy or Trever or stop by EERC 131 if you have questions.
CpE’s: EE3901 and EE3131; EE3173 is taken before or with EE4901 or ENT4950.
EE’s: EE3901 and EE3131; EE3171 is taken before or with EE4901 or ENT4950.
Engineering Design requirements may be completed with a one-year “senior design” project in EE4901-4910, MEEM4901-4911 or in Enterprise project work using ENT3950, ENT3960, ENT4950, and ENT4960.
EE3901 – Design Fundamentals, is required for all ECE students following Fall 2010 and later degree requirements. (was EE4900)
Take EE3901 in spring of junior year.
If you plan to start a year-long project or ENT4950 in a spring semester and end in fall, take EE3901 in the spring, one year prior to starting MEEM4901 or ENT4950. (3 semesters remaining)
Plan two semesters remaining after completion of prerequisiste courses to complete engineering design (also called ‘senior design’) .
Enterprise students who have completed ENT3950 and ENT3960, but are not ready to take ENT4950 may enroll in ENT3980 if you want to stay in your enterprise while you’re completing your design prerequisites. ENT3980 does not apply to your Engineering Design Requirements.
- Plan ahead for your engineering design option. Do not skip EE3901 in spring of 3rd year.
- Plan ahead for “EE Elective” courses you’d like
Effectve for Fall 2015: How does this affect Computer Engineers(and EE’s who are taking CS courses)? - Update your flowchart as needed: Be aware of when you plan to take EE3173 H/S Integration.
1. If you’ve already taken CS1141 (2) and CS3421(4), you are not affected and can ignore this.
2. If you’ve taken CS1141(2) but not CS3421 (4), TAKE CS3421 by Spring 2015, at the latest.
3. If you’ve taken CS3421 (4), but not CS1141 (2), TAKE CS1141 in SPRING 2015, at the latest.
4. If you’ve taken neither CS1141 nor CS3421, take and complete both courses by spring 2015
OR take them both in academic year 2015-2016. CS1141 becomes prereq for CS3421: Plan accordingly.
CS course changes for next year, effective Fall 2015:
1. CS3421 (4), Computer Organization, becomes 3 credits instead of 4. 1 credit of material is being removed, and added to CS1141, last known as “C for java Programmers”. CS1141 becomes a prereq for CS3421. This change could affect graduation date. Plan accordingly.
2. CS1141 (2) becomes 3 credits instead of 2. 1 credit of material is being added from CS3421, Computer Organization. Take CS1141 BEFORE CS3421.
3. The title of CS1141 is changing from “C for java Programmers”, to “Programming at the H/S Interface“.
Fall 2013 – Spring 2014 Computer engineering new freshmen and transfer students (students using catalog year 2013-2014):
ENG1102 is not required for 2013-14 computer engineers. ENG1101 students may take it in spring if they wish, and ENG1001 students may take it in Fall 2014 if you wish.
Should you take ENG1102 if it’s not required?
1) If you are certain you’ll stay in computer engineering or a CS or non-engineering major, you will not need ENG1102.
2) If you’d like the option of changing your major to another engineering major in the future, take ENG1102.
3) If you are considering another engineering major, or a double major with EE, or a 2nd degree with BE,ME, etc.. take ENG1102.
ENG1102 will count as a technical elective for CpE’s if you take it in the semester following ENG1101 or ENG1100.
Transfer students who came here with 30 or more transfer credits have the option of taking ENG1101 or substituting CpE elective credit for it.
BSEE Photonics Electives
A minimum of 6 credits of the following are required with the Photonics Concentration:
Be sure to look up latest pre-reqs and semester offerings in the Online Catatlog(s) and Schedule of Classes.
BE4250 (3) Biomedical Optics, Spring (Lin Alg, Diff Equ, and MA3160)
EE4252 (4) Digital Signal Processing and it’s Applications, Fall (EE3160)
EE4253 (3) Real Time Signal Processing, Spring (EE4252)
EE4256 (3) Fourier Optics, Fall ((EE3090/2190 or EE3140) and EE3160)
EE5522(3) Digital Image Processing, Spring (EE3190 and EE3160) Not Spring 2014.
EE4290 (3) Optical Communication, Spring (EE3291)
MY3292 (3) Light and Photonic Materials, Spring (Ph2200 or EE3090/2190 or EE3140)
PH4510 (2) Introduction to Solid State Physics, Fall ((PH2300 or 1360) and PH2400 and (CH11150/51) and Diff Equ)
The jolly green giant has SELECT sweet peas, but we have SELECT Approved Electives for the BSEE!
SELECT Approved Electives – Non-EE courses that require only limited prerequisite coursework and add to the knowledge breadth of the graduate.
EET 3373 Intro to Programmable Controllers (0-2-3) Fall
–EET 1411 or (EET 2120 and EET 2141) or EET 2411 or PH 2230 or EE 2112 or EE 3010
ENG 2120 Statics-Strength of Materials (0-4-0) Spring
–MA 2160 and PH 2100 and ENG 1102
ENG 3200 Thermodynamics/Fluid Mechanics (0-4-0) Spring
–MA 2160 and CH 1112 or (CH 1150 and CH 1151) and PH 2100 and ENG 1102
ENG 3507 Intro to Fluid Mechanics (0-2-0) Spring
–PH 2100 and CH 1112 or (CH 1150 and CH 1151) and MA 2160 and ENG 1102
ENG 4510 Sustainable Futures I (3-0-0) Fall
–Junior or Senior standing and UN 2002 (or ?)
MEEM 2110 Statics (0-3-0) Fall, Spring, Summer
–COE enrolled and MA 2160
MEEM 2150 Mechanics of Materials (0-3-0) Fall, Spring, Summer
–COE enrolled and MEEM 2110
MEEM 2200 Thermodynamics (0-3-0) Fall, Spring, Summer
–COE enrolled and MA 2160 and CH 1150 and CH 1151
MEEM 2700 Dynamics (0-3-0) Fall, Spring, Summer
–PH 2100 and (MEEM 2110 or ENG 2120) and MA 3160(C)
MEEM 3210 Fluid Mechanics (0-3-0) Fall, Spring, Summer
–MEEM 2200 and MEEM 2700(C) and (MA 3520 or MA 3521 or MA 3530 or MA 3560)
–Co-Req MEEM 3220
MEEM 3220 Energy Laboratory (0-0-2) Fall, Spring, Summer
–MEEM 2200 and MEEM 3210(C)
MY 2100 Intro to Materials Science Engineering (3-0-0) Fall, Spring, Summer
–CH 1112 or CH 1122 or (CH 1150 and CH 1151) or (CH 1160 and CH 1161)
MY 3292 Light & Photonic Materials (3-0-0) Spring
–(PH 2200 or EE 3090 or EE 3140
PH 2300 University Physics III-Fluids and Thermodynamics (4-0-0) Spring
–PH 1160 or PH 2100
PH 2400 University Physics IV, Waves and Modern Physics (3-0-0) Fall, Spring, Summer
–PH 2200 or PH 2260
PH3300 Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics (3-0-0) Spring
–PH 2300 or PH 1360