In most cases your catalog year is the year in which you started at Michigan Tech. You may be on a newer catalog year for any of the following reasons:
- changed majors,
- left the university for two semesters or longer,
- or requested to move to a newer catalog year.
You can find your catalog year in the upper right-hand corner of your online degree audit on Banweb. It is labeled catalog term and is a six digit number. The first four digits are the year and the last two digits represent the semester.
- Fall semester = 08 (semester starts in August)
- Spring semester = 01 (semester starts in January)
- Summer semester = 05 (semester starts in May)
For example, if your catalog term is 202108 then you are following the 2021-22 degree requirements. The academic year starts in the fall and runs through summer.
If you are pursuing a minor, the catalog year for the minor may be different than the catalog year for your major.