Michigan Tech has in place many resources to offer if you find you need help with the challenging chemical engineering curriculum. Resources include:
- Chemistry Learning Center
- Math Learning Center
- Physics Learning Center
- First-Year Engineering Learning Center
- Chemical Engineering Coaching Center – this is run by the Michigan Tech AIChE Student Chapter; contact them for operating hours and offerings.
- Other Michigan Tech Learning Centers
- Remember also that your instructors and teaching assistants are a great source of help on your coursework and learning. Often the most effective tactic is to attend office hours with prepared questions.
In addition, there are some web-based resources that may be helpful with chemical engineering subjects:
- Khan Academy – This website has a large number of short videos that can help with math, statistics, chemistry, physics and other subjects.
- DrMorrisonMTU – Michigan Tech’s own Dr. Morrison has a YouTube channel with short videos on mass and energy balance problems as well as fluid mechanics problems. Email her with suggestions for new videos for the site.
- LearnChemE – The University of Colorado at Boulder with support of the National Science Foundation has created a large website of screencast lectures on chemical engineering topics. If you find some favorite videos on this site, please let us know and we’ll share them with your classmates.