Nominations are now closed for students to attend the 62nd Meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany, July 1 to July 6, 2012.
To be eligible, a student:
- Must have completed by June 2012 at least two years of doctoral study
- Must be studying physics or a related discipline
- Must not plan to complete a dissertation prior to December 31, 2012
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be a full-time graduate student
- Must be participating in a research project
- Must be nominated by the student’s advisor
Advisors may nominate a student by submitting the following items to Debra Charlesworth no later than 4pm on November 4, 2012:
- One page resume of the student
- One page statement by the student on why participation in the meeting is important for the student’s graduate education
- One page letter of reference by the student’s mentor
ORAU will select students based on the following criteria. Students must:
- Show a genuine interest in science and research
- Show a strong commitment to their principal field of studies and to interdisciplinary work
- Have a strong letter of recommendation
- Be in the top of their class
- Show excellent academic accomplishments
- Have produced some very good research work.
Michigan Tech may forward two nominations to ORAU for consideration. Learn more about the meeting online.