Welcome Nate Hood!

The Office of Continuous Improvement has hired a new Student Process Improvement Coordinator to replace the recently departed Mike Leveille. Nate is a third-year Supply Chain Management major and currently captain of the Michigan Tech Track and Field team.  Prior to this position, Nate worked predominately in purchasing and in sales. He brings to the office a good understanding of many business processes along with a willingness and eagerness to learn more.

Here Nate will introduce himself and share some thoughts about his new role:

In recent years, when February comes around I find myself more stressed than usual. The looming pressure to impress potential employers grows exponentially with every passing day leading  up to the spring career fair. This year I have been relieved of that stress as I was hired to be a PIC two weeks ago. I’m very excited to have the opportunity to work with the Office of Continuous Improvement staff on the many different improvement events around campus. This position was right up my alley, as I have always enjoyed being a part of improvement projects. The chance to spend the rest of the semester and the entire summer assisting with these projects and learning about Lean is priceless.

In the two weeks that I’ve been in the office I have spent a lot of time reading up on various lean principles, practices, tools, and techniques; I even did surprisingly well on our office “Lean Jeopardy” game this past Monday. This week I was also added as a PIC on three different Kaizen events that I’m very excited to be working on. Being in this office and working with this staff of wonderful ladies (and Andre), I feel like I’m a part of something great and I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and excited to see what the future holds.