What are Katie’s current office hours?

If you are looking for the flowchart or other advising handouts, these are available on the Degree Requirements and Advising PDFs webpages.

If you are having course registration problems, go to the Registrar’s Office located in the Wahtera Center in the Admin building.

Also check out our FAQ’s on the right hand side of the page for answers to many common questions.

Week 1 and Week 2

I have walk-in office hours for questions regarding fall classes.  No appointments are needed.  Walk-in hours are posted on my Google calendar.

Appointments are available for new transfer students, students on probation or other special cases.  Times available for appointments are posted on my Google calendar.  Schedule a meeting with me using your Google calendar during one of these times.  Don’t forget to invite me to the meeting.

Week 3 through Week 8

This is the best time to schedule a meeting with me for long term planning or fitting in a co-op or minor, because you will beat the last minute rush before registration.  I am in the office Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of most weeks and am usually available 9:30am-3pm.  To set up an appointment, schedule a meeting with me using your Google calendar.  Any of the blank times are available.  A half hour meeting is usually enough time.  Don’t forget to invite me to the meeting.

Week 9 through Week 11

I have walk-in office hours for questions regarding spring and summer class scheduling.  No appointments are needed.  Walk-in hours are posted on my Google calendar.

This is a busy time, so please come prepared with your advising materials (such as a crossed off flowchart or suggested schedule) and a draft of what you think you should be taking next semester.  You may need to wait in line.  🙁

Week 12 through Finals Week

I am in the office Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of most weeks and am usually available 9:30am-3pm.  Appointments are recommended and take priority over drop-ins.  To set up an appointment, schedule a meeting with me using your Google calendar.  Any of the blank times are available.  A half hour meeting is usually enough time.  Don’t forget to invite me to the meeting.

Summer Advising:

There will be only limited advising over the summer and priority will be given to issues in need of immediate attention.  Email cmadvise@mtu.edu if you have a pressing issue during the summer.  Regular advising hours will start two weeks before falls semester starts.