If you need help with schedule planning, minors, co-ops, study abroad, changing majors, or degree audits then you will need to schedule a meeting with Katie Torrey using your Michigan Tech Google calendar. Advising meetings are usually 30 minutes long and can be in-person or over Zoom. Be sure to indicate in your meeting invite how you plan to meet (in-person or Zoom).
Appointments will not be available during busy times because there will be virtual walk-in advising hours instead. Walk-in advising times and Zoom links are posted on Katie’s Google calendar. No appointments are needed for walk-in hours. Go to the Zoom link to get in line. You are welcome to stop by Katie’s office to meet in person for these walk-in hours if you are on campus.
Please come prepared to your appointment.
Directions for using your Google calendar to find an available time and scheduling a meeting are below:
- Login to your Michigan Tech Google account.
- In the list of Google Apps, click on Calendar.
- Create a new event by clicking on your calendar.
- Enter a title for your meeting.
- IMPORTANT – Find an available appointment time.
- Click on “Edit event”.
- Click on the “Find a time” tab.
- Add a guest to your appointment.
- Located on the far right hand side of the page.
- For an appointment with Katie, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The calendar for your guests will appear with busy and free (blank) times indicated.
- Modify event date and time to a time when you are both available.
- Event date and time are located at the top of the page.
- If you do not see any available times, try another day.
- Most advising appointments are a half hour long.
- The proposed appointment time will show up on the calendars as a box with moving dashed lines.
- Click Save.
- You will be asked if you want to send your guests an invitation. Say “yes”.
- The appointment will show up on your calendar. Check that it is at the day and time you intended.
- The person that you’ve invited will receive notification of a meeting request. You will receive notification if they can or cannot attend.